Monday, November 15, 2010

The NFL and You!

This is a sponsored post by BlogHer and P&G.



Take it to the House

Promote Your Page Too

When I was a kid I would fall asleep watching football with my dad on Sunday afternoons. The Redskins was his team. I have a lot of memories about the Redskins. My great-grandmother liked the Redskins too. And the Houston Oilers (now known as the Houston Texans for the young folk). Football is in my genes.

I've mentioned before how I love football. I love playing it and I love watching it. Sadly, the only NFL team with a band is not my favorite team. Although now they have McNabb. We'll see how that goes.

My favorite team changes with the players. The Vikings had my attention for awhile, but now Randy Moss has moved on. I know, I know, he has some problems off the field, but have you seen his hands?

And Michael Vick? I know he isn't a favorite of PETA, but he's got some skill.

For me, it's not so much who is playing, but that football is on. Doesn't matter the day, either. Saturday, Sunday, Monday. It's all good.

The only things that make football better is: family, food and friends. And the only prep necessary is some serious food. Only good stuff here. Sometimes it's artichoke dip, sometimes taco dip, and sometimes it's cocktail meatballs. But whatever it is, it's special and fun.



Recently we had some friends over to share in the fun. Here are the kids eating their snacks at the table (in full view of the tv).



And the boys hanging out:



If you enjoy football or know someone that does, check out Proctor & Gamble's “Take it to the House” program and photo contest, where prizes include a $10,000 community donation to support NFL PLAY 60 and an at-home visit from a local NFL legend! One lucky Grand Prize Winner will even win a trip to the 2011 Pro Bowl in Hawaii. Show us how you and your football family bring NFL game day to life at home at www.facebook.com/TakeItToTheHousehttp://www.facebook.com/TakeItToTheHouse> (click on the contest tab)!

Check out these other football reviews happening today: BlogHer.com exclusive offers page

Official Rules: BlogHer.com official rules page

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI, The Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee to become the Tennesse Titans. The Houston Texans are an expansion.

    ReplyDelete